Wauconda, Illinois -- Details have been revealed for the Aluminum Extruders Council’s (AEC) 2015 Management Conference in Chicago, Illinois. The event is scheduled for Tuesday September 22 through Thursday, September 24, 2015 at the Hilton O’Hare Airport Hotel and features comprehensive education and networking opportunities for aluminum extrusion industry professionals. Rich in sessions focused on how the extrusion industry is “Strengthening the Future”, the 2015 Management Conference will feature business and industry speakers who will share their insights and knowledge on important issues that affect aluminum extrusion operations. The program is comprised of General Sessions, Focus Sessions and networking events, including a reception that features tabletop exhibits from AEC Supplier Members.
Wednesday, September 23
- Thomas Landstreet, an economist and writer who boasts a successful career on Wall Street, will share his wit and wisdom on politics, investments and economic policy.
- Justin Craig, Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship at Northwestern University, will present a timely look at “Attracting and Motivating Young, Talented Employees”.
Focus Sessions in the afternoon will feature concurrent sessions in three topic-specific tracks, including:
- Technical Topics covering extrusion press issues, die preparation and protection, and the pretreatment process related to corrosion prevention.
- Industry Promotion, highlighted by sessions on promoting extrusions to potential customers, including advances in joining technology, PR and marketing for manufacturers, and a session that outlines the new AEC Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) program getting under way.
- Management Issues covering key topics such as safety management systems and credit risk management.
Thursday, September 24
- Statistical Review: How to Use AEC Data takes a look at “Super Extruders” and how they reach levels of high productivity by using all the AEC member benefits available to them, including participating in AEC education, meetings and volunteer opportunities, as well as completing various surveys and studies offered only to AEC members.
- Michael Walsh, Director ADCVD Policy & Programs, U.S. Customs, will explain how the Federal Government handles reports of deliberate tariff circumvention, the role his team plays in investigations and the remedies available to industry.
- Timothy Hayes, Principal, Lawrence Capital Management, will provide an Industry Outlook for U.S. downstream aluminum markets with an emphasis on the domestic extrusion industry, as well as demand projections through 2019 for major extrusion markets.
The Management Conference begins with a welcome reception Tuesday evening, September 22, and concludes at Noon on Thursday, September 24. As a convenience to volunteers, most AEC committees and teams will meet just prior to the Conference. Member of the Aluminum Extruders Council are eligible to register for the conference. For complete details on the program, visit www.AECmeets.org and follow the link to the AEC Management Conference registration website.
The Aluminum Extruders Council (AEC) is a progressive trade association dedicated to advancing the effective use of aluminum extrusion in North America. AEC is committed to bringing comprehensive information about extrusion’s characteristics, applications, environmental benefits, design and technology to users, product designers, engineers and the academic community. Further, AEC is focused on enhancing the ability of its members to meet the emerging demands of the market through sharing knowledge and best practices.